The LCS is an integrated course intended to lead seminar participants into a renewed understanding of God’s call to them as Catholics. It comprises a total of 9 separate sessions. The sessions have basic ingredients: prayers, a teaching, a group discussion.
PURPOSE OF DISCUSSION GROUPS
1. To help the participants to understand and digest the material presented.
2. To allow them to express their thoughts and feelings, and to give them a chance to ask questions.
3. To help people to open up and respond to God’s invitation and grace.
4. To develop friendships among the participants, which are a big encouragement for them to continue and finish the whole LCS.
5. To provide a place for them to begin to experience Christian fellowship, preparing the way to participation in the parish community after the LCS.